Kansas State University – Manhattan, Kansas
This position will provide professional engineering services in the areas of Fire & Life Safety Systems, as well as Accessibility areas (ADA) across all KSU locations. This position will also provide project management services for Fire & Life Safety improvement projects.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this link for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience.
- Science, Engineering, fire science or related degree
- 5 years or more of demonstrated experience in code review/compliance and proficiency in life safety and fire code. (e.g., specific to fire safety; fire science; fire or building code inspection, management or enforcement; or other closely related work experience).
- A directly related graduate degree may substitute for two years of related work experience only upon approval from the OSFM.
- Ability to read code footprints (floor plans and architectural drawings).
- Ability to read and interpret codes, regulations and standards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license upon hire.
- Must have/maintain 40 hour HazWoper certification upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Pre-employment physical and clearance to participate in hazmat team.
- Requires enrollment in the hazmat medical surveillance program and respiratory protection program.
- Must be medically cleared to use related PPE, including SCBA.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.